Everyone loves going out and spending time in the wilderness, away from the busy city/town lives we live. Family outings to traditionally natural places are always an amazing idea to have a fun-filled getaway. However, when one is out there in the wilderness, things are bound to get dirty and dangerous. Thus, a tent the most important part of planning a camping trip. But with so many tents out there with different features and price tags, here are the top 12 best 6 person tents in 2020.
One of the best parts of any backpacking is sleeping under a tent, it feels fantastic and adventurous when you are planning for a wonderful trip. 6 persons tents are the best suit for the man, looking for a trip with their family members and the adults, planning to stay under a roof and tent in a wild place. After a whole day journey when a gallivanter become tiredness and look for shelter then it is the best option to make a quick home in that situation. Among the different size of tents, a 120 to 130 square feet tent can satisfy the demand of a traveler, looking for a comfortable stay of his journey whereas a six-person tent can be 90 to 130 square feet. There are different ways of choosing tents between the two type of tents- Dome tents and square tents. Here for the six-person tent, it is the factor whether the traveler is intended to stay together or separately. For the single or dual person stay it is good to have Dome tent otherwise for together stay the Square tent will be ideal for the traveler.
- List of Top 12 Best 6 Person Tents
- Here are List of Best 6 Person Tents in 2020
- 12. Kelty Trail Ridge 6 Tent with Footprint
- 11. ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 6-Person Tent
- 10. Coleman 6-Person Camping Tent
- 9. Timber Ridge 6 Person Dome D Door Tent Camping/Traveling Family Tent
- 8. Wenzel Evergreen Tent – 6 Person
- 7. ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 6-Person Tent
- 6. NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person 9.8 by 9.8 Foot Outdoor Dome Family Camping Tent
- 5. ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent
- 4. CORE 6 Person Dome Tent 11′ x9′
- 3. Coleman 2000018059 Tent 6P Dome Steel Creek
- 2. Coleman Montana 6 Person Tent
- 1. Coleman Dome Tent for Camping | Sundome Tent with Easy Setup
- Similar Posts:
List of Top 12 Best 6 Person Tents
Before making a journey a traveler must plan and take a decision on the following aspects.
- Type of place- a traveler must be known about the place where they are planning to stand the tents. Because the place can be too cold, rainy or snowy. So depending on this the type of tent and its technical parameters will vary.
- The number of members- to reduce the carriage weight a traveler must take good planning before choosing a tent as the size of the tent will vary on the number of travelers.
- Resistance to storms- with the comfortability, a good tent always keeps sheltered free from storms. So the tent must be resistant to storms.
- Easy to set up- the tent you buy for camping should be easy to set up for installation so that you can enjoy with fellows or family members without spending lots of time in setting up only. In fact, it should not take more than 20 to 25 minutes to set up a tent completely including its stakeouts.
- Type of journey- The traveler should be aware before choosing a tent as how way you will be driving or hiking to the side.
The budget of purchasing a tent- It is the key factor before you buy a tent for your journey as the budged of buying a tent should not be compromised with your size and quality demands.
Here are List of Best 6 Person Tents in 2020
|Coleman Montana 6-Person Tent||$159.39||Buy on Amazon|
|Coleman Dome Camping Tent | Sundome Outdoor Tent with Easy Set Up||$136.99||Buy on Amazon|
12. Kelty Trail Ridge 6 Tent with Footprint
This tent from Kelty comes with a footprint, thus preventing your tent from wearing out quickly. It has a very large interior with four walls. This extra interior space makes this tent very comfortable for 6 people. If one wants to view the subliminal scenery outside, the fly in this tent rolls up to an adjustable height. At the same time, when an occasion such as a rainy day arrives, the tent rolls down perfectly and giving complete cover and protection. Coming to one of the most efficient features of this tent, the cube is such that it is built to save space in your bag. It is one of the most space-efficient designs out there. From the vestibules to the poles, everything that is a part of this tent comes in a very handy and compact design.
11. ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 6-Person Tent
This six-person tent from Alps Mountaineering is designed in such a way to make maximum ventilation possible. The windows at the front and back zip perfectly enough to allow enough air to pass in and out of the tent. This tent is also around 6 feet high on the inside, giving the feel of luxurious spaciousness. For mountaineering at high altitudes, this is a perfect tent as it will help the user breathe freely. It has a two-pole design which is quite compact to carry around. However, it does not compromise on rigidity as the poles are made of fiberglass material, which is very strong. There are also various pockets of mesh available for convenient storage. Overall, this a very nice and durable model and it is totally worth the price.
10. Coleman 6-Person Camping Tent
This six-person camping tent from Coleman has a new state-of-the-art technology, known as ‘DarkRoom” technology. This unique feature blocks around ninety percent of the sunlight which shines directly on the tent and reflects it back, keeping people inside the tent nice and cool. This also reduces sunlight buildup by around ten percent and makes living inside this tent comfortable. Another cool thing about this product is that the time it takes to set this tent up is about a minute, which is a very efficient and non-time-consuming feature which helps set up camp quickly. It is also very sturdy, as it can handle huge windspeeds without a problem. Along with this, it also comes with a compact design to make carrying it around that much easier.
9. Timber Ridge 6 Person Dome D Door Tent Camping/Traveling Family Tent
This dome-shaped tent from Timber Ridge is one of the most spacious six-person tents out there. It has a seventy-two-inch-high ceiling at the center, making it very spacious, even for taller individuals. It is so huge that it can fit two queen sized beds. The doors and windows in this one are shaped in the form of a D which helps in the overall passing of air and good temperature control. A cool and essential feature is that it has an insect-resistant mesh wall lining, keeping all unwanted pests out to allow the user a good night’s sleep. This product also has an electric cord supporting wire for access to electricity. Along with all this, the manufacturers give a full one-year warranty.
8. Wenzel Evergreen Tent – 6 Person
If one is looking for complete privacy inside a tent made for accommodating six people, this camping tent from Wenzel is the best option out there. This tent is divided into six portions using curtains, offering complete privacy and comfort. These curtains can also be removed if not needed. Also, this tent does not have just one but two doors to enter and exit for, making it even more convenient and efficient. If the temperature of the surrounding is harsh, worry not, as this is ergonomically designed for optimal temperature control. With mesh walls letting in air the roof made of mesh as well, this is sure to always keep the user cool and calm on a hot and wet day. The poles of the tent are made of fiberglass and are shock absorbent. There is an electrical connectivity port inside. The compactness of the tent makes it easy to carry around and faster to set-up.
7. ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 6-Person Tent
We have another tent from Alps Mountaineering on our list. This one is part of their Taurus series and it can accommodate up to six individuals. Unlike some other tents on this list, this one in particular is different as it is mostly made up of polyester, as opposed to mesh. This makes the tent totally water and weather resistant. Setting it up is very easy as it is don with the help of many pole clips that ensure that the fiberglass poles provide a nice and rigid structure. The roof, which is made of mesh, provides great ventilation and also enables the user to view the sky. Along with this, aluminum ropes are also included which help in enhancing the stability of the spacious structure. So, if you’re looking for a perfect weather resistant trip, this one’s your best bet.
6. NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person 9.8 by 9.8 Foot Outdoor Dome Family Camping Tent
This Cherokee type tent by Ntk comes with a hundred percent water resistant material that is waterproof up to 2500 millimeters. This is provided by a polyester covering that is laminated on top with poly-urethane, making it almost impossible for water to pass through the material. A special feature of this tent is that it comes with hard elastic ferrules which are also chrome plated, making the tent very rigid and strong, thus enabling it to withstand enormous amounts of wind pressure. On top of that, the poles are made using nanotech fiberglass. Now one might think that setting up such a sturdy structure must be an exhilarating task. Well, fear not, as this tent comes with a ring and pin system for a very quick and hassle-free setup. One of the most useful features is the mosquito mesh, which is ultra-thin, allowing enough air but no mosquitos to pass through, so that one can have a sound sleep at night.
5. ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent
Alps Mountaineering yet again makes one of the spots on our list with Creek six-person tent. This tent has a center height of about seven feet, the highest one on the list yet. There are two entry and exit points available, which are lined with mesh zips to ensure good ventilation and air passage. There is also an ultimate weather protection feature present, which uses polyester fabric with additional coating to keep oneself dry. The fly is also made up of polyester. The product also comes with additional guy ropes to provide that extra bit of stability to the structure. There is also an exceptional hub design present which makes setup extremely easy and time-efficient. There is also an extra storage shelf provided to keep emergency accessories.
4. CORE 6 Person Dome Tent 11′ x9′
This spacious camping tent from Core is so large that it fits two air-filled queen size mattresses. This one has a center height of seventy-two inches, which is comfortable enough. The stand-out feature of this tent is that it has a completely user-adjustable ground vent. The manufacturer also provides a one-year warranty so that the user is provided with a satisfying experience. This tent also includes a lantern hook to hang up a light at night time. It also features several pockets to keep stuff organized inside the tent. A cool new feature added is that there is an air vent at the bottom corner of the tent, placed precisely to allow cool air to ventilate inside. This feature is also totally user customizable.
3. Coleman 2000018059 Tent 6P Dome Steel Creek
We have another repeating brand on our list. Its none other that Coleman with their six-person dome steel creek camping tent. The most eye-catching feature is that this tent is aesthetically pleasing to look at. it features a separate room screen to keep the creepy crawlies away at night. This tent also features an out of the ordinary weather technology system that keeps the interior of the tent always dry and extremely cozy. This tent is an all-weather camper as it is designed in such a way that it provides utmost comfort, no matter what the season is outside. It also has a durable fabric made of polymer guard to keep it sturdy for long periods of time. It is also easy to assemble as this can be done in a matter of minutes.
2. Coleman Montana 6 Person Tent
The Coleman Montana is a one of its kind camping tent made for easily accommodating six individuals. The structure is made up of a taffeta poly-ester material, offering extra protection from rain and harsh weather conditions. No matter what the conditions are outside, one can be cozy, safe and protected with the Coleman Montana. This tent also has enough room to comfortably fit two queen sized mattresses inside. There is an advanced weather protection system with inverted welds at all corners and seams which helps in resisting the water flow. It also has a pretty impressive five feet and eight inches of center height. The setup takes about a quarter of an hour and it also comes with bag for easy carriage.
1. Coleman Dome Tent for Camping | Sundome Tent with Easy Setup
Coleman makes it to the number one spot on the list with its Sundome camping tent. This one is very large and has enough room to stand and move about with ease. There are simultaneous pole grooves which decrease setup time. Usually, it takes about less than ten minutes to set the structure up. Like the previous one, this too is totally water resistant as it has welded corners and seams which are turned. It also has a higher six-foot center height, providing utmost spaciousness. The frame of the setup is very tensile and wind resistant, which is made possible due to triangular patterns which makes the frame wind-responsive. The door is made of a mesh fabric zip which is coated and water resistant.
Depending on the various requirements of Tents there are different types of tents
1. Canvas tents- Canvas tents are a good choice for the rugged and durable user.
- This type of tents is good for the user who are travelling to a cold place because it absorbs the sun light temperature.
- Planning for a long term and homely feeling then Canvas tents is best suit for the user.
2. Doom tents-
- This type of tent is good for the traveler who travels in a very short term stay.
- It is good to carry in a back bag easily.
- Portability of this type of tent is best suit for a single traveler.
- Inflatable tents-
- This type of tent is good for family members and several fields players.
- Very comfortable in stay
3. Square tents
- It looks like a wooden shaded room with wide space.
- The room space is so comfortable and good to lay and sleeping, as the room space can be utilized completely.
It has that type of quality what a traveler seeks during adverse situation along with good weather and the landscape also. One will feel satisfied and this the quality of this product. Its style, durability, light weight and the power to resist high and low temperature prove that it is a reliable tent.